OEM’s, Prime Contractors, and the Military turn to GS Engineering for vehicle durability, design validation, verification and a variety of specific instrumented testing. By providing upstream design and analysis support prior to instrumented testing, we can stress products and components in a virtual space saving both time and money. Physical testing can be conducted at our facility, private test courses, client determined location or a variety of publicly accessible terrains that meet the client’s specific requirements.
Clients have come to rely on this diverse testing experience to ensure data is measured quickly and accurately the first-time utilizing state of the art equipment and testing best practices that result in added safety, warranty cost reduction, and failure avoidance for end users.
PRODUCT TESTING TYPES
- Agriculture Equipment
- ATV and UTV
- Commercial and Residential Power Equipment
- Electrical and Mechanical Components
- Light, Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks
- Maintenance Equipment
- Military Wheeled and Tracked Vehicles
- Multi-purpose Vehicles
- Off-Highway Equipment
- Passenger Vehicles
- Rail Transportation
- Specialty Vehicles
Our comprehensive on and off-highway full vehicle testing to component-level laboratory testing validation approach is achieved with a full array of sensors, full complement of industry standard and proprietary software and extensive data acquisition equipment. This approach provides the development and delivery of accurate and timely results.
- Course Terrain Profiling
- Full Test Reporting
- Mobile Test Trailer with Wireless Vehicle Connectivity
- Real-time Data Acquisition and Analysis
- Test Correlation to FEA and Dynamic Simulation
- Test to ISO, SAE, NATO or TOPs Standards
- Test Facility Rental Options
- Test Incident Reports (TIRs)
- Test Planning
- Vehicle Ballasting and Weight Distribution
- Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
DATA ACQUISITION & ANALYSIS SERVICES
Through in-house software development, we have created a unique ability to monitor the results of your test activities real-time, without the need for extensive data processing between iterations.
DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEM
- Modular data system with up to 40 available channels and expansion capability.
- Ruggedized laptops configured for real-time data acquisition with wireless connectivity capability.
- Strain Gages
- Attitude Heading Reference System
- Speed and Distance
- Load Cells
- Displacement Sensors
- Microphones and Sound Level Meters
- Pressure Transducers
- Thermocouples and RTDs
- Differential GPS
- CAN Bus
Private access to secluded off-road course and obstacles. This is ideal for military and commercial vehicle development and performance testing. Both a cold storage building and heated maintenance facility is on-site at – Hancock, Michigan. The Houghton, Michigan location features office space cold storage, high bay prototype facility and local access to inland lakes and Lake Superior providing varying water conditions.
OFF-ROAD COURSE & OBSTACLES
- Paved 1" & 2" RMS Courses: 500' length
- Paved Half Rounds: 4", 6", 8", 10", and 12"
- Paved Side Slopes: 20%, 30%, and 40%
- Paved Grade: 60%
- Vertical Steps: 18", 24", and 36"
- Stability Tilt Table: 45,000 lbs and 50% slope
- Multiple Secondary Road Endurance Areas
- Multiple Off-Road Endurance Areas
- Gravel Frame Twist and Urban Rubble Course
- Many Other Customizable Terrain Options
PAVED VEHICLE DYNAMICS AREA
GS Engineering provides paved vehicle dynamics testing. We have expertise with the following vehicle dynamics tests:
- NATO Lane Change
- Sinusoidal Steer
- Constant Radius Circular Steer
- Ramp Steer and J-Turn
- Maximum Speed
- Vibration Testing
- Fuel Economy
- Turning Diameter
- Suspension Tuning
- Correlation to Dynamic Simulation
SOUTHWEST TEST FACILITY
Private access to 150,000+ acres of land that features over 100 miles of roads of varying terrain and elevation isolated in Southwest New Mexico. This facility offers secure vehicle and equipment storage and maintenance facilities. On site lodging that features private rooms and catered meals for up to 15 people, along with internet access.
This test facility provides clients with the perfect conditions for diverse durability and performance testing.
- Dynamic Testing Area
- Primary Paved
- Secondary Gravel
- Cross Country
- Varying elevations of 5,000 to 6,000 feet
Autonomous Sensor Development Platform
Polaris RZR rentals as a test bed for development of unmanned systems and sensors. Utilizing either a private test course or numerous public off road terrains, this platform is flexible for integration of both clients and our in-house sensors and systems for data analysis, proof of concept testing, validation testing, or data gathering prior to algorithm development.
Our experienced team will outfit the UTV to meet and execute your testing needs.
- Dedicated power for sensors systems.
- Access to J1939 vehicle network, with ability to add network tap points.
- Flexible test scheduling.
- Eliminate total ownership expenses.
- Experienced team to help achieve your goals.